Spooktacular Science-Sea Sunday
The Marine Mammal Center
Sunday, October 28, 2012
What links a Vampire squid, Goblin shark and a Northern elephant seal? Find out at our first-ever Halloween Open House!
Looking for some spooky, weird and wonderful science-sea fun this Halloween? Then head to The Marine Mammal Center on Sunday, October 28 and enjoy our FREE Halloween Open House featuring:
- Our popular Creatures of the Deep classroom presentations at 10:30am, 12pm and 2pm. Here, you'll learn about vampire squid, goblin sharks, elephant seals, and other spooky swimmers and deep dwellers
- Explore our Whale Bone Graveyard
- Touch and feel animal skulls and pelts at our education tables
- Find out what's in our m-m-m-mystery boxes
- Take part in our Halloween trivia quiz
- Color in some creatures of the deep at our coloring tables and more...
***Come in costume and receive a special treat!***
Make a day of it and take a Docent-led Tour at 11am, 1pm and 3pm. Book your docent-led tour before the other ghouls and goblins beat you to it - it's the only way to guarantee your place!
Please note: Activities may change on the day according to weather and other influencing factors