We have several volunteer opportunities in our Retail, Administration, Facilities and Development Departments. All of these positions are at our main hospital in the Marin Headlands. You can support the Center behind the scenes and contribute to its success!
Gift Shop and Guest Services Volunteer
The Gift Shop and Guest Services volunteer is a valuable role in assisting both the gift shop and entrance hall.
- Greeting visitors entering the store
- Engaging visitors in conversation about their visit and encouraging them to become supporters of TMMC i.e. AAS purchase, membership, volunteering
- Informing visitors of the importance of making purchases (part of our funding base)
- Assisting docents with tour sign-ups and payment processing.
- Assisting other gift shop volunteers and staff with varied tasks i.e. folding, restocking, and straightening to maintain a welcoming and inviting store environment
- Answer general and TMMC related questions from visitors
- All other tasks as needed to provide the best visitor experience
Administrative Support Volunteer
Volunteer in a comfortable, friendly environment; enhance your office skills; boost your resume; and feel good knowing that you’re supporting a good cause.
You will assist the Administrative offices with a variety of administrative, database, and communication tasks. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Collating and mailing acknowledgement letters
- Photocopying documents and filing of paperwork
- Data entry and data clean-up
- Entering class RSVP lists into the Raiser’s Edge database
- RSVP reconciliation and follow-up
- Collecting and mailing brochure requests
- Making follow-up and thank you calls to donors
- Enter mailing and solicitation actions in Raiser’s Edge database
- Create mailing labels and help with large and small mailing projects
- Help organize, gather and store Advancement storage items before events, fairs, etc
Facilities and Life Support Systems Volunteer
Help facility staff with daily operations and learn valuable trade skills.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting our Life Support Systems and Facilities staff with regular maintenance and repair duties
- Maintaining TMMC grounds, structures and life support equipment
- Supporting other TMMC department’s daily operations
- Previous experience working building maintenance, construction, wastewater treatment or another relevant trade
- The ability to do physical work and be comfortable working in a shop environment around heavy machinery