We have several volunteer opportunities in our Retail, Administration, Facilities and Development Departments. Support the Center behind the scenes and contribute to its success
Gift Shop and Guest Services Volunteer
The Gift Shop and Guest Services volunteer is a valuable role in assisting both the gift shop and entrance hall.
- Greeting visitors entering the store
- Engaging visitors in conversation about their visit and encouraging them to become supporters of TMMC i.e. AAS purchase, membership, volunteering
- Informing visitors of the importance of making purchases (part of our funding base)
- Assisting docents with tour sign-ups and payment processing.
- Assisting other gift shop volunteers and staff with varied tasks i.e. folding, restocking, and straightening to maintain a welcoming and inviting store environment
- Answer general and TMMC related questions from visitors
- All other tasks as needed to provide the best visitor experience
Finance Volunteer - Accounts Payable Specialist
The Accounts Payable Specialist is a part-time volunteer position under the supervision of the Controller. The position will be in charge of the accounts payable process from mail processing and routing of invoices for approval through check writing and distribution for signatures. The person in this role will provide friendly, timely service to both internal staff and external contacts, while maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail that is required of an accounting system.
- Collect accounts payable incoming mail
- Log and stamp new invoices, recording date received and distribute to managers (physically or electronically)
- Ensure return of invoices routed for approval
- Inspect approved invoices for accuracy and enter into Financial Edge A/P system for Controller’s final review
- Cut checks weekly, gain signatures, mail payments
- File paid invoices
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Aptitude for numbers, detail-oriented, quantitative skills
- A self-starter with an ability to work independently and follow through
- Ability to work under the pressure of deadlines
- Customer service oriented; able to shift gears and respond to questions and take responsibility in a generous and helpful way
- Experience with accounts payable is required
- Experience with Financial Edge is preferred
- Able to handle confidential information with tact and poise
Commitment and Hours: 1 – 3 days per week (7 hour days), 6-12 month commitment or, open to an alternate schedule if needed.
Work in a very dynamic and exciting organization that values your contributions. There are plenty of opportunities to take on additional responsibilities and make added improvements.
If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter detailing your interest to Scott Buhl, Volunteer Resources Manager at email@example.com or 415-289-7374.
Administrative Support Volunteer
Volunteer in a comfortable, friendly environment; enhance your office skills; boost your resume; and feel good knowing that you’re supporting a good cause.
You will assist the Administrative offices with a variety of administrative, database, and communication tasks. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Collating and mailing acknowledgement letters
- Photocopying documents and filing of paperwork
- Data entry and data clean-up
- Entering class RSVP lists into the Raiser’s Edge database
- RSVP reconciliation and follow-up
- Collecting and mailing brochure requests
- Making follow-up and thank you calls to donors
- Enter mailing and solicitation actions in Raiser’s Edge database
- Create mailing labels and help with large and small mailing projects
- Help organize, gather and store Advancement storage items before events, fairs, etc
Facilities and Life Support Systems Volunteer
Help facility staff with daily operations and learn valuable trade skills.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting our Life Support Systems and Facilities staff with regular maintenance and repair duties
- Maintaining TMMC grounds, structures and life support equipment
- Supporting other TMMC department’s daily operations
- Previous experience working building maintenance, construction, wastewater treatment or another relevant trade
- The ability to do physical work and be comfortable working in a shop environment around heavy machinery