Our Rescue and Response volunteers are responsible for rescuing and transporting marine mammals along 600 miles of the Northern California Coast.
Rescue and Response Volunteers
- Assess reported marine mammals and work with rescue staff to determine whether or not the animal needs rehabilitation
- Administer aid to the animals on the beach
- Rescue injured and sick marine mammals
- Transport animals to our main hospital in Sausalito
- Release animals back into their natural habitat
- Attend an Open House
- Complete the prospective volunteer screening process
- Attend an New Volunteer Orientation
- Attend Rescue and Response Workshop Series.
- Rescue Volunteers must be physically fit.
- Must be atleast 21 years old, have a valid drivers license and clear a Motor Vehicle Report.
- Commit one to five days each month to be on call or on site for a marine mammal rescue.
Become a Volunteer!
The first step to becoming a volunteer is to attend an Open House.