Sea Lions in the City
Our educator will meet your group at in front of the Sea Lion Statue at PIER 39 in San Francisco for a one hour guided observation of the wild California sea lions on docks at PIER 39. Learn about their arrival at PIER 39, their behavior and conservation. Discover how their natural history and the health of the Bay and ocean influence their comings and goings. Learn how our daily activities can affect sea lions directly in both negative and positive ways. Best season to schedule: September to May.
Sea Lions in the City program:
- Is great for all ages
- Includes hands-on exploration of a sea lion skull and pelts
- Highlights PIER 39's dedication to coexist with the wild sea lions
- Public transportation is available to this location in San Francisco!
Sea Lions in the City takes place outside with little protection from the weather. Our educator dressed in blue will meet your group at the sea lion statue located at the front of PIER 39 near the Blue and Gold Fleet ticket booth. At benches nearby the guided tour begins with an introduction and surveying of pelts. Then the educator will guide your groups to the end of the pier to observe the sea lions at K dock and talk about their population, behaviors, characteristics and more!
- School groups: up to 35, including chaperones
- Adult/Family groups: up to 25
- School group fee is $150 for one hour
- Adult/Family group fee is $180 for one hour
- Payment is due one month before your scheduled program date
*All prices subject to change without notice.
Available Days and Times:
Monday through Saturday, at 10:00 am, 11:15 am, 1:00 pm, 2:15 pm and 3:30 pm
After reading the above information please fill out the Reservation Request Form. You will receive a reply by phone or email within two weeks of your request. Once we confirm your reservation request, you will receive a confirmation packet and invoice by email or mail. We require payment or receipt of a purchase order one month before your scheduled program date.
|You may download a flier by clicking here:|