Frequently asked questions and answers about membership and becoming a member.
Q: How can I contact The Marine Mammal Center about membership?
A: Please choose the method that's most convenient for you.
- By Phone: General Information: (415) 289-7325; Membership: (415) 289-7335
- By e-mail: email@example.com
- By mail: The Marine Mammal Center
2000 Bunker Road
Sausalito, CA 94965-2697
Q: Is The Marine Mammal Center a 501(c)(3) certified organization?
A: Yes. Our Federal Employee Identification Number (FEIN) is 51-0144434.
Q: How much are membership dues, and are they tax-deductible?
A: Basic Membership starts at just $25 for one calendar year. You can join online or call or email the Membership Team. Your annual membership contribution is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. Visit Become a Member for more information.
Q: What benefits will I receive as a member of the Center?
A: All members receive:
- A membership card entitling you to 10% discounts at our Marin Headlands and online gift stores.
- An online newsletter with the latest patient and Center news, including in-depth articles about our research around the globe.
- Family Members and "Giving Circle" members are entitled to additional special benefits in recognition of their exceptional commitment.
See Compare Memberships on our "Become a Member" page to view all current member benefits.
Q: How can I renew my membership?
A: You may renew your membership online, by mail, or by phone (as per contacts above). The first membership renewal is mailed each year in August and includes a reply envelope for your convenience. You may also choose to become part of our monthly donor program, which includes membership (see below).
Q: How do I become a monthly donor?
A: It's easy! Read more about becoming a monthly donor.
Q: How can I find out more about the Center?
- Explore other areas of our website, such as Education, Volunteer, and Research.
- Sign up for our monthly e-newsletter.
- Visit our hospital in Sausalito, California! Click here for more information.
Q: How can I increase my support?
A: There are a number of ways.
- Become a volunteer.
- Give a gift of membership, a memorial or tribute gift, or send an Adopt-a-Seal® to a loved one!
- Join our monthly giving program.
- Check with your Human Resources Department at your workplace to see if they have a Matching Gift program or Workplace Giving campaign.
- Join our Steller Legacy Circle by including The Marine Mammal Center in your estate plans.
- Respond to a Special Appeal, mailed to you throughout the year.
- Tell your friends and family about the Center.
Q: Do you exchange your membership list with other organizations?
A: Yes, we do exchange our list with other like-minded organizations, but we're happy to honor your request not to do so. Simply let us know by calling (415) 289 -7335, e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or sending us a note at the address above. Please make sure to include your full name and complete address. Please note: your email address and phone number are never shared.
Q: How do I prevent duplicate mailings?
A: If you are receiving duplicate mailings, please let us know and we'll correct our records - and in the meantime, consider giving the extra mailing to a friend. Please let us know the exact name and address each mailing is addressed to, and which one you prefer to keep.
Q: Do you have a comment or suggestion box for members?
A: Yes, just send your ideas, positive feedback and constructive criticism to email@example.com.
Thank you for your support!