Social Media Internship
The Marine Mammal Center’s communications team strives to build and nurture an iconic and inspiring brand in the ocean conservation space. The Center has a vibrant social media presence and is looking for a social media intern who can create high-quality content for its primary social media profiles. Intern in a comfortable, friendly environment; enhance your communications, office and social media skills; boost your resume; meet like-minded people and know that you’re helping to raise awareness for marine mammal health and ocean conservation.
The Social Media Internship is an unpaid internship available at our headquarters in Sausalito, CA and reports to the Communications Coordinator.
- Help create and implement social media campaigns
- Craft new posts based on weekly content calendar as well as create evergreen posts
- Monitor relevant social media channels/influencers for potential engagement and storytelling opportunities
- Perform research to find news relevant to ocean conservation and marine mammals and craft content that invites engagement
- Provide support to the communications team
- Strong ability to craft messaging with wit and charm in short-form writing
- Ability to quickly summarize news articles and stories in a few words
- Familiarity with main stream social media platforms
- Strong ability to work effectively under tight deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration
- Experience with basic photo editing and video editing is a plus, but not required
- Must have a car to travel to the Center in the Marin Headlands as there is no public transportation
- All applicants must be at least 18 years of age and pass a background check
Internships typically align with traditional school semesters with flexible start/end dates and extensions available for excellent candidates.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the position.