Join us on the 2nd and 4th Sundays of each month for Marine Science Sunday - a FREE engaging ocean-inspired classroom series from our education experts. These interactive classroom programs are great for all ages!
What: Marine Science Sunday
Where: The Marine Mammal Center
When: 2nd and 4th Sundays each month
Time: 10am - 5pm
Cost: FREE Admission!
FREE Marine Science Sunday Presentations - 12:00 PM and 2:00 PM (45 minute sessions)
Interactive classroom presentations take you on a journey into the big blue. Hosted by our expert education team, these multimedia classes focus on a new-topic each month, ranging from Creatures of the Deep to Endangered Species, you'll learn fascinating facts about marine mammals and their watery world.
- Docent-led Tours* - 11:00 AM, 1:00 PM, and 3:00
Get immersed and enjoy a tour of the Center with our trained education docents. You'll hear fascinating stories about our work and the animals we care for, watch a rescue demonstration, see our volunteers in action and view the seals and sea lions from the observation deck. (*Small fee applies, it helps our patients!).
Marine Science Sundays for 2015
Marine Science Sundays for 2016
- January 10 and 24: Animals of the Arctic
- February 14 and 28: Marine Mammal Parents and Pups
- March 13 and 27: The Big, The Small and The Weird
- April 10 and 24: Magnificent Migrations
- May 8 and 22: Back from the Brink: Saving Species
- June 12 and 26: Marine Mammal Superheroes
- SPECIAL Marine Science Sunday June 19: Summer with the Sea Lions
- July 10 and 24: Marine Mammal Sounds: What Are They Saying?
- August 14 and 28: Under the Bridge: Marine Mammals of SF Bay
- September 11 and 25: Top Predators: Orcas and Great White Sharks
- SPECIAL Marine Science Sunday September 18: Sea Otter Spectacular
- October 9 and 23: Creatures of the Deep
- November 13 and 27: An Ocean Feast: Marine Mammal Feeding
- December 11: Seal and Sea Lion Superstars of 2016
Click here for directions to The Marine Mammal Center.
Click here for details about other events at The Marine Mammal Center.
Questions? Please contact Adam Ratner at email@example.com
Special thanks to our 40th Anniversary Presenting Sponsor PG&E! For the past 25 years, PG&E has partnered with The Marine Mammal Center to support educational activities for visitors. This year, as part of our 40th Anniversary celebration, PG&E is sponsoring Marine Science Sundays.
Thank you PG&E for your support!
Back to top