Join us on the 2nd and 4th Sundays of each month for Marine Science Sunday - a FREE engaging ocean-inspired classroom series from our education experts. These interactive classroom programs are great for all ages!
What: Marine Science Sunday
Where: The Marine Mammal Center
When: 2nd and 4th Sundays each month
Time: 10am - 5pm
Cost: FREE Admission!
FREE Marine Science Sunday Presentations - 12:00 PM and 2:00 PM (45 minute sessions)
Interactive classroom presentations take you on a journey into the big blue. Hosted by our expert education team, these multimedia classes focus on a new-topic each month, ranging from Creatures of the Deep to Endangered Species, you'll learn fascinating facts about marine mammals and their watery world.
- Docent-led Tours* - 11:00 AM, 1:00 PM, and 3:00
Get immersed and enjoy a tour of the Center with our trained education docents. You'll hear fascinating stories about our work and the animals we care for, watch a rescue demonstration, see our volunteers in action and view the seals and sea lions from the observation deck. (*Small fee applies, it helps our patients!).
Upcoming Marine Science Sundays for 2014
Marine Science Sundays for 2015
- January 11 and 25: Animals of the Arctic
- February 8 and 22: Marine Mammal Parents and Pups
- March 8 and 22: I Spy Marine Mammals: Tracking Seals and Whales!
- April 12 and 26: Magnificent Migrations
- May 10 and 24: Back from the Brink: Saving Species
- June 14 and 28: Marine Mammal Superheroes
- SPECIAL Marine Science Sunday June 21: Summer with the Sea Lions
- July 12 and 26: Marine Mammal Sounds: What Are They Saying?
- August 9 and 23: Under the Bridge: Marine Mammals of SF Bay
- September 13 and 27: Top Predators: Orcas and Great White Sharks
- SPECIAL Marine Science Sunday September 20: Sea Otter Spectacular
- October 11 and 25: Creatures of the Deep
- November 8 and 22: An Ocean Feast: Marine Mammal Feeding!
- December 13 and 27: Seal and Sea Lion Superstars of 2015
Click here for directions to The Marine Mammal Center.
Click here for details about other events at The Marine Mammal Center.
Questions? Please contact Adam Ratner at firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to top