- What personally identifiable information of the user rs is collected through the site;
- Who collects such information;
- How such information is used;
- With whom the user information may be shared;
- What choices the user have regarding collection, use and distribution of the user information;
- What kind of security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control; and
- How the user can correct any inaccuracies in the user information.
What Information We Collect and How We Use That Information:
Our registration forms require users to give us contact information that may include name, email address, format preference (HTML vs. Text), address, interests, and similar information.
- We do not store sensitive information from our visitors, such as credit card details or social security numbers in our files at The Marine Mammal Center. Monthly donor credit card information is stored externally through a highly encrypted system.
- We do not share email addresses outside the organization.
- We reserve the right to send an email on behalf of another like-minded organization with which we are partners, but under no circumstances will the user's email be revealed to that organization unless the user opts-in to receive that organization's emails.
- To find other supporters for the Center, we do exchange street address information with other like minded nonprofits, but if the user prefers that we do not share their address, just send us an email or letter letting us know.
Internet Protocol Address:
We collect an IP address from all visitors to our site/s. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to the user's computer when the user uses the Internet. We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our site, analyze trends, track users' movement, gather broad demographic information for aggregate use in order for us to improve our site/s, and deliver customized, personalized content. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Use of "Cookies":
All information provided to The Marine Mammal Center is transmitted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. SSL is a proven coding system that lets the user's browser automatically encrypt, or scramble, data before the user sends it to us. We also protect account information by placing it on a secure portion of our site that is only accessible by certain qualified employees of The Marine Mammal Center. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. While we strive to protect the user's information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of such information.
When a user opts-in to receive email from The Marine Mammal Center via any method, the user will automatically start receiving regular email updates from The Marine Mammal Center. The user has full control of their email account and the types of emails they subscribe to. The user can change their account and subscription settings at any time via logging in to their profile page which can be found via a link at the bottom of an email or via the login tab at the top of the website MarineMammalCenter.org, and clicking on "Special Interests" then checking or unchecking the types of emails they want to receive. The Marine Mammal Center does not share email addresses outside of the organization and never sells user's email addresses. It is our policy to not send solicitation emails to individuals under the age of 18 (based on our ability to possess knowledge of the user's age).
If a user elects to use our free referral service for informing a friend about our website, we ask them for the friend's name and email address. The Marine Mammal Center will automatically send the friend a one-time email inviting them to visit The Marine Mammal Center's website. The Marine Mammal Center uses this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and does not automatically opt them in to any email list.
Our site contains links to other websites. Please note that when the user clicks on one of these links, the user is entering another website for which The Marine Mammal Center has no responsibility. We encourage the user to read the privacy statements on all such sites as their policies may be different than ours.
Contacting The Marine Mammal Center:
The Marine Mammal Center
2000 Bunker Road, Fort Cronkhite
Sausalito, CA 94965
You may also phone (415) 289-7335 or send an email to: email@example.com