Seals & Slippers: Sleep under the Stars at The Marine Mammal Center!
Experience The Marine Mammal Center like never before! Join us for a sleepover, which we call Seals & Slippers. It's a great chance to experience the Center in a small group setting after hours, all while camping out with the seals and sea lions!
In this unique program, lucky families get to camp out under the stars and take part in a variety of educational programs. The evening includes activities in our discovery classroom, a private nighttime tour of our hospital and a delicious dinner in our Commons. The parents and children even get to observe the night crew take care of the animals at the nighttime feeding!
In the morning, breakfast is served, followed by an invigorating hike down to Rodeo Lagoon and Rodeo Beach. We end the program back at the Center, where you will be able to enjoy some time in our gift store—you will receive 10% off as a special thank you—before saying goodbye. It is a truly memorable adventure for the families who take part!
- Overnight stay in our outdoor courtyard
- An event full of educational, staff-led activities
- Observe patients' evening feeding session
- Dinner, dessert and continental breakfast
- Guided Hike around Rodeo Lagoon
- 10% off in our gift store
Discount for groups of 5 or more:
Registering a group of 5 or more? Contact Danielle at hendersond@TMMC.org to get your discount code before you register.
Family Sleepover Dates - click below to register:
|Friday, September 30, 2016|
- Scout groups that would like to arrange a sleepover at The Marine Mammal Center can contact email@example.com or call (415) 289-7330 for more information.
Adult to Scout Ratios for Overnight Programs
- Brownies (grades 2-3) - 1:6
- Juniors (grades 4-5) - 1:8
- Girl Scout Cadettes/Seniors/Ambassadors (grades 6-12) - 1:10
- Cub Scouts (grades 1-5) - 1:5
- Boy Scouts (grades 6-11) - 1:10
We also offer Group Overnights on a first-come first-serve basis throughout the year. Overnights are a fun, unique and educational experience for all groups: bring your class, group or troop to The Marine Mammal Center. Minimum of 30 participants for group overnight bookings. For available dates email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cost: 1 adult or 1 child = $85 each. Cost includes all education programming and activities, food and drink
- A discount applies for groups of 5 or more! Please contact Danielle Henderson at hendersond@TMMC.org for your discount code.
- Sleepovers are aimed at children ages 6-12
- Children must be at least 6 years of age to participate
- Attendees MUST BRING OWN TENT AND ITEMS FOR SLEEPING OUTSIDE (our courtyard has a concrete floor!)
- For Family Sleepovers, there are only 30 total spaces available on each date!