Seals & Slippers: Sleep under the Stars at The Marine Mammal Center!
Last fall we piloted our first ever sleepover at The Marine Mammal Center, which we call Seals & Slippers. Now that the warmer weather of spring is here, it is time once again to camp out with the seals and sea lions!
In this unique program, lucky families get to camp out under the stars and take part in a variety of educational programs. The evening includes conducting fish dissections in the Necropsy Lab, watching a movie in the classroom, and enjoying a healthy dinner in our Commons. The parents and children even get to observe Friday Night Crew take care of the animals at the 8:00pm feeding!
In the morning, a hearty breakfast is served, followed by an invigorating hike down to Rodeo Lagoon and Rodeo Beach. It is a truly memorable adventure for the families who take part!
- Overnight stay in our outdoor courtyard
- Observe patients' evening feeding session
- Dinner, dessert and continental breakfast
- Guided Hike around Rodeo Lagoon
- Special behind-the-scenes activities (no direct animal interaction)
Fall 2014 dates TBD
- Cost: 1 adult or 1 child = $85 each. Cost includes all education programming and activities, food and drink
- Sleepovers are aimed at children ages 6-12
- All children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who is 25+ years of age
- Attendees MUST BRING OWN TENT AND ITEMS FOR SLEEPING OUTSIDE (our courtyard has a concrete floor!)
- There are only 24 total spaces available on each date!
Contact Kristin Ku in our Education Department: KuK@TMMC.org / (415) 289-7330