Seals & Slippers: Sleep under the Stars at The Marine Mammal Center!
Last fall we piloted our first ever sleepover at The Marine Mammal Center, which we call Seals & Slippers. It's a great chance to camp out with the seals and sea lions!
In this unique program, lucky families get to camp out under the stars and take part in a variety of educational programs. The evening includes conducting fish dissections in the Necropsy Lab and enjoying a healthy dinner in our Commons. The parents and children even get to observe the night crew take care of the animals at the 8:00pm feeding!
In the morning, breakfast is served, followed by an invigorating hike down to Rodeo Lagoon and Rodeo Beach. We end the program back at the Center, where you will be able to enjoy some time in our gift store—you will receive 10% off as a special thank you—before saying goodbye. It is a truly memorable adventure for the families who take part!
- Overnight stay in our outdoor courtyard
- Observe patients' evening feeding session
- Dinner, dessert and continental breakfast
- Guided Hike around Rodeo Lagoon
- Special behind-the-scenes activities (no direct animal interaction)
- 10% off in our gift store
Discount for groups of 5 or more:
Registering a group of 5 or more? Contact Kristen at email@example.com to get your discount code before you register.
Family Sleepover Dates - click below to register:
|Friday, April 17, 2015|
|Friday, May 22, 2015||SOLD OUT|
|Friday, August 7, 2015|
|Friday, October 23, 2015|
- Scout groups that would like to arrange a sleepover at The Marine Mammal Center on one of the above dates can contact Kristen Ku at KuK@tmmc.org or (415) 289-7330 for more information.
Adult to Scout Ratios for Overnight Programs
- Daisies (K-grade 1) - 1:3
- Brownies (grades 2-3) - 1:6
- Juniors (grades 4-5) - 1:8
- Girl Scout Cadettes/Seniors/Ambassadors (grades 6-12) - 1:10
- Cub Scouts (grades 1-5) - 1:5
- Boy Scouts (grades 6-11) - 1:10
We also offer Group Overnights on a first-come first-serve basis throughout the year. Overnights are a fun, unique and educational experience for all groups: bring your class, group or troop to The Marine Mammal Center. Minimum of 20 participants for group overnight bookings. For available dates email Kristen Ku at KuK@tmmc.org.
- Cost: 1 adult or 1 child = $85 each. Cost includes all education programming and activities, food and drink
- A discount applies for groups of 5 or more! Please contact Kristen Ku at KuK@tmmc.org for your discount code.
- Sleepovers are aimed at children ages 6-12
- Attendees MUST BRING OWN TENT AND ITEMS FOR SLEEPING OUTSIDE (our courtyard has a concrete floor!)
- There are only 24 total spaces available on each date!
Contact Kristen Ku in our Education Department: KuK@TMMC.org / (415) 289-7330