The Marine Mammal Center is open to the public daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., except Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day. Admission is free and no reservation is required unless you have a group of 10 or more people!
Video by: Expression College
The Marine Mammal Center is nestled in the Marin Headlands in the beautiful Golden Gate National Recreation Area, just minutes north of the Golden Gate Bridge. We offer educational programs and tours plus, you are welcome to explore on your own – view exhibits and view our animal patients. Admission is FREE but tours are highly recommended (the small fee helps save our seals and sea lions!)
|Individual and families:||Groups (10+ people) & Field Trips:|
For Questions, please call (415)-289-7330
- Admission is FREE!
- We are open 10am – 5pm daily except Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day.
- Directions, Public Transport Info and map to The Marine Mammal Center.
- Sorry - No Dogs Allowed! For the health and safety of both Center patients and domestic animals, all pets (except fully immunized service dogs) are prohibited in the Center’s buildings and public areas.
- The Marine Mammal center is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that relies on donations from caring members of the public!
What animals will you see?
- February to May: Pupping season! You’ll see northern elephant seals and California sea lions. Harbor seal pups are not on view because they are very fragile and sensitive to human disturbances.
- June to October: Sea Lion season with some of the last northern elephant seals and harbor seal pups from the spring getting ready to return to the wild.
- November to January: Our quieter season on the animal front (although we can get the odd fur seal), but the weather is glorious so join us for a tour and get some early holiday shopping in our great eco-minded gift store!
- Check out our Patients page to see which animals we have at our hospital right now!
Got questions? Need some planning advice? We are here to help. Just call (415)-289-7330.