Join us on a Docent-Led Tour for an hour of insights and stories!
Join us for an informative 45 minute Docent-Led Tour of The Marine Mammal Center. Docents lead participants around the Center's exhibits and viewing areas. Tour guides also provide insights into the work of the Center and share stories about our seal and sea lion patients (please note the number of patients onsite and visible varies daily depending on the animal's conditions).
Docent-Led Tours are ideal for individuals and families (9 people, or fewer) that want to learn more about the work of the Center. If your group has 10 people, or more, please email email@example.com to inquire about large-group experiences held at the Center. Large-group experiences are available on a limited basis, for additional fees and booked in advance based on educator availability.
From January 4 through February 12, 2016, Docent-Led Tours are available:
- Mondays and Fridays at 1 p.m and 3 p.m.
- Saturdays and Sundays at 11 a.m, 1 p.m and 3 p.m
Special for Winter Break, from February 13 through February 21, 2016, Docent-Led Tours are available:
- Daily at 11 a.m, 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
From February 22 through March 26, 2016, Docent-Led Tours are available:
- Mondays and Fridays at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- Saturdays and Sundays at 11 a.m, 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- Adults: $9
- Seniors (ages 65+) and Students (ages 5 to 17): $5
- Kids 4 and under are FREE
- Members (and 1 guest) $5 each
- FREE if you become a member that day!
- Tours will be available to register online approximately one month before the scheduled tour date.
- Note: You can sign up for tours at the hospital by purchasing tickets at our front desk the day of the tour (space is limited).
- Groups larger than 10 people will be reserved on a case-by-case basis as staffing allows.
The Scout Experience
Bring your scout group to learn about our work, see our seal and sea lion patients and be inspired by the dedication of our volunteer workforce.
- Includes hands-on exploration with pelts, skulls and equipment
- One-hour long
- $200 for up to 30 participants (including adults)
Reserve a time to lead your own group (of more than 10 people) through a self-guided visit of The Marine Mammal Center's public areas. Exhibits throughout the facility inform your group about our work. Docents stationed at the Info Desk and Upper Viewing Area are available most days to answer questions. Enjoy viewing seal and sea lion patients, and look into key areas such as the fish kitchen, chart room and laboratory. Depending on patient care activities, you may be able to watch animal care crews in action preparing food, feeding animals, cleaning pens, and doing other animal care activities.
Please note: Although there is no charge for a Self-Guided Visit, we need to limit the overall number of people visiting the Center at one time. Therefore, if you have more than 10 people in your group, reservations are required at least two weeks in advance to reserve a one-hour block of time for your group's Self-Guided Visit.
- Self-Guided Visit Length: 30 minutes
- Group size: 10 people or more
- Available Days and Times: Daily from 2:00 pm and after.
*Reservation requests are subject to availability
For the health and safety of both Center patients and domestic pets, pets (except fully immunized service dogs) are prohibited in the Center buildings and public areas of the facility. Service dogs are allowed to enter in the public areas only.