Join us on a Docent-Led Tour for an hour of insights and stories!
Join us for an informative 45 minute Docent-Led Tour of The Marine Mammal Center. Docents lead participants around the Center's exhibits and viewing areas. Tour guides also provide insights into the work of the Center and share stories about our seal and sea lion patients (please note the number of patients onsite and visible varies daily depending on the animal's conditions).
Docent-Led Tours are ideal for individuals and families (fewer than 10 people) that want to learn more about the work of the Center. If your group is more than 10 people, please click here.
Special for the Spring, from March 28 through June 5, 2015, Docent-Led Tours are available:
- Daily Monday through Friday at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. and Saturdays and Sundays at 11 a.m, 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
To celebrate Earth Day, The Marine Mammal Center is proud to offer FREE docent-led tours for visitors to the hospital the week of April 20-April 26!
45 minute long guided tours are available Monday-Friday at 1 and 3 pm, and Saturday and Sunday at 11 am, 1 pm and 3 pm. Trained educators lead participants around the Center’s exhibits and viewing areas providing insights into the work of the Center, the stories of our seal and sea lion patients and how we can all help keep seals and sea lions healthy. Free tours are generously sponsored by PG&E.
Tour capacity is 25 participants so space is limited. Please register online at Docent-Led Tours to reserve your spots! And don’t miss our special Earth Day programming on Sunday, April 26 with Marine Science Sunday: Magnificent Migrations where we offer free classroom programs at 12 pm and 2 pm highlighting elephant seals, humpback whales and blue whales along the California Coast!
- Adults: $9
- Seniors (ages 65+) and Students (ages 5 to 17): $5
- Kids 4 and under are FREE
- Members (and 1 guest) $5 each
- FREE if you become a member that day!
* Tours will be available to register online approximately one month before the scheduled tour date.
* Note: You can sign up for tours at the hospital by purchasing tickets at our front desk the day of the tour (space is limited).