San Luis Obispo Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteers at The Marine Mammal Center's San Luis Obispo Operations (SLO) rescue animals from around San Luis Obispo county, provide triage care to the patients onsite and transport the patients north for further care. Conservation Education volunteers educate the next generation of ocean stewards at fairs and outreach events. Patient Transport Drivers are essential to getting our patients to our main hospital for longer-term care. Facilities and Equipment volunteers are people who enjoy contributing through hands-on projects to keep our operations running at their best! Click on the following links below to learn more about the responsibilities and expectations of each volunteer role at the Morro Bay facility.
Become a volunteer!
Volunteer Application Process
- Add your name to the volunteer interest list, below.
- Once there is a need for volunteers, we will email everyone who is on the interest list an application. (Please note: there may be a waiting period of several months before we email you the application.)
- Complete the volunteer application.
- Upon acceptance of your volunteer application, you will be contacted to schedule an interview.
- After the interview, you will be notified if you have been selected and asked to complete a background check and motor vehicle check.
- Contingent upon clearance of the background check, you will be invited to attend the New Volunteer Training, covering an overview of our organization, the different volunteer opportunities available, our organization's policies and procedures, basic animal husbandry, education outreach and rescue procedures.
We onboard new volunteers in San Luis Obispo, once to twice a year, depending on our volunteer needs. The first step to becoming a volunteer in San Luis Obispo, is to add your name to the volunteer interest list, below.
Volunteers must be at least 18 years old and out of high school, however, we do offer our Youth Crew Volunteer Program and Fish Kitchen Support shifts for high school students 15 years of age and older at our main hospital in Sausalito.
Email us at email@example.com.