Marine Science Sunday Interactive Programs
Join us in person on the second and fourth Sunday of each month for a live program focused on a variety of marine science topics.
Visit our hospital and visitor center in Sausalito, California, to learn more about what The Marine Mammal Center is doing to help save marine mammals found along the California coast and beyond, and learn more about how you can help.
These interactive presentations hosted by our award-winning educators feature multimedia, pictures, video and more to share the stories of amazing marine mammals and the Center’s efforts to ensure the health of these animals and our ocean.
Marine Science Sunday Dates
- January 8 and 22: Animals of the Arctic
- February 12 and 26: Parents and Pups
- March 12 and 26: Super Seals
- April 9 and 23: Magnificent Migrations
- May 14 and 28: Saving Species
- June 11 and 25: Barking Birthday
- July 9 and 23: Folktales of Flippers and Fins
- August 13 and 27: Marine Mammals of San Francisco Bay
- September 10 and 24: Sea Otter Spectacular
- October 8 and 22: Creatures of the Deep
- November 12 and 26: An Ocean Feast
- December 10: Seal and Sea Lion Superstars of 2023!
Marine Science Sunday programs are held on the second and fourth Sunday of each month at 12pm and 2pm.
Anyone can participate in the program, but you must reserve a general admission ticket to visit The Marine Mammal Center that day.
When planning your visit, we recommend arriving at least 30 minutes before the Marine Science Sunday presentation. Traffic in the Marin Headlands can get very busy, especially on weekends, so please plan accordingly.
Space is limited and Marine Science Sundays are especially popular, so reserve your tickets today.
Book a Tour During Your Visit
Join us for a special experience at The Marine Mammal Center by purchasing tickets for a Guided Tour or Behind-the-Scenes Experience. You’ll hear inspiring stories of marine mammal survival, learn more about the inner workings of our hospital and find out how you can make a difference for these vulnerable patients.
Need help planning your visit? We are here to help. Call (415) 653-1870 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Or see our Frequently Asked Questions for more information.